If you ever hear someone say picture books are just for kids, don’t listen! Read these picture books. You’ll be glad you opened your heart.
Wolf in the Snow, by Matthew Cordell. (Feiwel and Friends, 2017)
Matthew Cordell doesn’t need words to convey the message of empathy, love, and kindness in this Caldecott nominee for 2018. I felt so much — for the humans and the wolves — in this story about being lost in the snow. A small child waves goodbye to her school friends, and begins her walk home. A pack of wolves also sets out around the same time, with a little one struggling to keep up in the blowing snow. Both the small girl and the small wolf become lost as the pages turn white. What happened next pulled at my “mom” heartstrings.This is a MUST READ book for all ages.
Love, by Matt de la Peña. Illustrated by Loren Long. (G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 2018)
January 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM
I have nominated your blog for an award! Not a bad way to start the New Year, eh? You can see it here:
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers from bloggers. Here are the terms of the award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
• Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
• Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) I actually googled to see which ones I liked best.
• Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!). Once you have written and posted to the blog, notify the nominees, then provide a link to your blog.
January 13, 2018 at 9:37 PM
Thank you for thinking of me. I’m so happy you enjoy my blog, ReadingTeacherWrites. I’m thinking that I would like to consider this a little more, and work on the terms of this
interesting opportunity. When is the deadline for terms and nominations? Thank you again so much.