Enjoying the Exhaustion
1) I registered to attend the Scholastic Reading Summit (#readingsummit) in Cincinnati next week, after other commitments will keep me out of St. Louis (for the ILA Annual Conference). This is great news! Adrenaline rush — which I need to get me through July. Keeps away the exhaustion.
2) I am babysitting my almost-3-year-old granddaughter on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a few weeks this summer. She is so beautiful and funny and growing too fast! She’s really persuasive about play time: “Grumma, please play Klip-Klop Horsies with me! Come and sit on the floor with me! C’mon!” (Who can say, “No?”) She’s very well-behaved, and I do get an excuse to take naps on those days. (I have to be with her so she won’t fall off the bed, get scared, etc. LOL) Each day when she goes home, I thank my lucky stars that I’m a grandma and not a mom again. It’s rewarding, but tiring.
3) Today, we took a car ride to Fort Wayne to see GG (my mom). We had granddaughter, daughter, mom, great-grandma together for the day. Girls day in! My sister even came over, since she had the day off work. We played with bears, dolls, and musical toys, talked about family and pictures from the past, and ate the banana cupcakes my mom made. Driving back and forth wore me out, but it was worth it.
4) I missed the Twitter chats (again) tonight due to unpacking the car, cleaning up, and needing to sit down for a while. I’m sorry, but I’m exhausted! I’ll definitely read the Storify and run through the feed to catch up with the awesome answers to questions. After a short break to sit and talk to my husband (who also traveled for work all day), I remember…
5) It’s SLICE OF LIFE day! Whoo hoo! I love Tuesdays and Slicing! But now it’s almost 11:30 p.m. and I am spent! (You know I’ll post, then comment on a bunch of posts, though. It’s time well spent and I love it. I also hear there’s a bunch of new Slicers today. Welcome!)
Ok, that’s IT. I’m done. I’m finished. (Funny, because I tell my students NEVER to finish a story with “I’m done” or “I’m finished.”)
“That’s all I have to say about that.” — Forrest Gump
You must be logged in to post a comment.